Top Interior Design Trends of 2020
You would always want your house or personal space to look chic, aesthetic and up to date. But, maintaining and coping up with the latest design trends can be tedious and hectic. During this pandemic, people have been spending a lot of time in their homes. They are thinking of practical ways to make their spaces up a notch. The ability of designing is morphing and adapting to enhance current lifestyles. The trends of interior design in Kolkata in 2020 are mostly based on a simplified and minimalistic approach. Space-saving, cost-effectiveness and incorporating more things in a smaller space is the need of the hour. Here are some ruling trends:
- Earthly tones: Colours like olive green, rustic brown, muddy shades, burnt orange, and soft yellows are making rounds this year. These give a warm feeling and connect one’s soul to nature. Furniture and accessories take up rustic forms to mimic nature and outdoor surroundings to create a calming and natural feel in the house.
- Curvy shapes:Furniture with rounded edges inspired by the 60s and 70s are making their way back. The asymmetric upholstered pieces with rough edges and free form designs give organic feels.
- Multifunctional spaces: Remote controlled, and tech-savvy elements are used for multifunctional. Areas such as kitchens and dining rooms are being morphed together.
- Floral wallpaper: there is a growing need for people to feel close to nature. A way of making one’s house closer to nature includes floral wallpapers as it brightens up space and sets the mood.
- Home office: This year, most people are spending all their time in their houses, and so this is possibly the most relevant interior design trend of 2020. With the increase in the work from home trend this year, there is a requirement of a space which provides maximum productivity and functionality.
- Two-toned kitchens: The iconic white kitchens you’ve seen since such a long time have slowly phased out. This year is in favour of two-tone kitchens instead. Black, wooden tones or pops of colour have been the most popular.
- Texture oriented: 2020 trends aren’t all about nature and colour only; textures are increasingly being used as well. A look being loved is layering up different textures in the same, or very similar colours.
- The home bar: People have been indoors for a long time now during this pandemic. Setting up home bars or spaces for having fun and house parties is a new trend this year. A place for family and friends, because you can’t go out.
The right interior designs in Kolkata can do wonders in transforming your home. You have to find the right company. Internal Affairs might be the company for you. With over two decades of experience in the industry, they will give you nothing but the best.