So you have finally made your mind to hire an interior designer to design the interior of your newly bought apartment. But finding the right interior designer is not very easy. You need to spend a good amount of time in doing your homework, searching, evaluating and then understanding the entire process. Moreover, choosing an interior designer is not easy as there is no death of such designers in the market. So you must compare them on the basis of some pointers and then only you should make a hiring decision. And here are the pointers to help you compare between designers and choose the right one to design your home.
What to take care of while hiring Interior Designers in Kolkata
- Budget – First you need to fix a budget and check if your chosen designer can work with this. Or else, you need to establish a working budget that both of you agree upon.
- Scope – Check what type of project they have already handled and see if it matches your project.
- Credibility – When talking to them, make sure you ask them about years of experience, special qualification in the field of interior designing and their academic qualification. Also, make sure you check the backgrounds of the team members.
- Punctuality – Ask them if they can start and finish the job on the speculated day. Make sure you have the flexibility to schedule the working hours. When talking to them, make it clear that you would not compromise with the quality for the sake of punctuality. So they must be careful from the very beginning so they can hand over the project on time, even if they are burdened with other projects.
- Extra costs – Ask them about prices they would charge for your project. Most Interior Designers in Kolkata offer detailed, itemised and customised quote. What you need to do is to double check the quotation to ensure whether or not the cost is all-inclusive and there are no hidden fees.
- Insurance – Another important thing that you should make clear with them is who would be responsible for bonding, insurance and licensing.
- Visual representation of the job – You can ask them about a visual representation of the job so you can get an idea of how the project would look like after completion. It is like a blueprint of the job; it gives you a better understanding of the entire project. This is mostly done with sketchup or AutoCAD. Project boards or hand-drawn renderings are also used for this purpose. It all depends on you what type of representation you like and the price associated with it.
- References – Ask the designers if they have any testimonials from their previous job. Ask them about a letter of appreciation.
These are a few important pointers to consider while finding and hiring an interior designer. An interior designer can help you complete your project successfully keeping in mind your design needs. Make sure you come to a written contract for the terms and conditions and get the agreement signed by both you and the designer.